Shasta Daisies


I added a new perennial to my front garden: Shasta Daisies.

I read that they are a Perennial and bought a plant without much further thought. It looks as though I made a good purchase because it turns out that they're hardy and easy to grow. Here is some information about the Shasta Daisy:

  • They can survive in planting zones 5-10.
  • They like well drained soil and full sun.
  • They are very drought tolerant, and can withstand more summer heat than many plants.
  • They attract bees, birds and butterflies.
  • Care includes deadheading (this will promote further blooming), and dividing the plant every 2-3 years.
  • They have sturdy stems, and flowers easily remain upright even after a hard rain.

So far I've deadheaded a few flowers from the plant I bought, and it continues to thrive. Hopefully it'll be a part of my garden for years to come!


Plant Avenue Home

No comments:

Post a Comment