- They like well drained soil, as they will rot if they become too moist, but the soil should not be left to dry out completely between watering.
- They like sun, but should be protected from the most intense sun if your climate is hot and dry.
- Bring inside before first frost, but not into a room that's too warm.
- When you bring them inside, start with the sunniest location you can find and then gradually allow them to get used to reduced amounts of light.
- Zones: 3-11 (Annual in zones 3-8; Perennial in zones 9-11).
- Tubers can be saved over the winter to start new plants the following year.
- Leave foliage in place after blooming has finished for the season, as the leaves can continue to generate food for the bulbs/tubers. Foliage can be cut back once it turns yellow.
- Begonias can be propagated from cuttings.
Plant Avenue Home